Designated department technology individuals will be able to approve technology purchases in Workday. Individuals will be trained and certified....
ASU Information Security Training
All ASU faculty and staff are required to take information security awareness training within the first month of employment and annually thereafter. This online, self-paced class shows you how to protect ASU data and information systems from harm. The training takes about 30 minutes to complete and includes a presentation and a quiz. You must answer 12 of 15 quiz questions correctly to earn credit for the course. You may re-take the quiz if necessary. For more information and to take the training: https://getprotected.asu.edu/training/asu-information-security-training
Training Dashboard and Compliance Progress
- Information Security Awareness Training Dashboard: The Training Dashboard is available to you 24/7 and is updated once a day with the most current training completion data. It identifies which individuals have completed or not completed the training course and allows you to export information to assist in your communication efforts. Please utilize the updated Knowledge Base article for detailed information regarding use of the Dashboard.
- Communication Templates: Templates for faculty and staff/students are available to assist with compliance communication with faculty, staff and student workers and may be modified as is appropriate for your specific use. Also available is a Google Sheet that may be used to provide feedback or request clarification in an effort to keep things running smoothly.
- Support for Training Enforcement: In support of compliance enforcement efforts, departments may request an ASURITE password reset for individuals who have not completed training. If you think this would be a beneficial approach for your department, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to start the password reset process. The affected individual can reach out to the Experience Center at 855-278-5080 to reset their password and gain temporary access to their accounts.
Information Security and Privacy
General purpose information security videos for educational purposes are available and can be accessed here.
ASU now offers best practice secure coding guidance for web application developers. This training is required by the AZ Auditor General and was...
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act was established August 21, 1996. The four main purposes of HIPAA include- Privacy of...
Think! Campaign is an information security awareness initiative that provides resource a toolkit for downloading and requesting content to help generate awareness in your department and classroom.
Contact and Feedback
To make this process as successful as possible we are going to need feedback from the community.
- Please share any outlier cases for people who are not managers or senior managers but need access to Career EDGE for training and reporting purposes. Please send those instances to Amanda Noble @ Amanda.L.Noble@asu.edu
- Issues with accuracy of training completion data should be escalated to Paul Stoll @ Paul.Stoll@asu.edu or via ServiceNow Career edge ticket
- Please share your personal experiences with accessing and using the Tableau required training dashboards as well as accessing the raw data by reaching out to Infosec@asu.edu
- Without verification tools it becomes much harder to drive compliance, but users are still expected to have completed their required InfoSec training this past October 31st.
We thank you for ensuring compliance training completion as a reflection of your commitment to the security of ASU.
External Training Resources
- Cyber Risk Quantification Tips from Protiviti
- Free Online Cybersecurity Game from Texas A&M
- Infosec Overnight (Daily Cybersecurity News on Youtube)
- Research on Security Metrics by Jennifer Bayuk, PhD
- Resources for Data Breach Response from Educause