Information Security Awareness Training
All ASU faculty and staff are required to take information security awareness training within the first month of employment and annually thereafter. This online, self-paced class shows you how to protect ASU data and information systems from harm. The training takes about 40 minutes to complete and includes a presentation and a quiz. You must answer 12 of 15 quiz questions correctly to earn credit for the course. You may re-take the quiz if necessary.
In this class, you will learn more about:
- The laws and policies that apply when you handle sensitive information at ASU
- Protecting your systems, accounts, and information
- Identifying who's sending you information
- How encryption plays a vital role in protection
- Using security software that updates automatically
- How to secure mobile and other devices when connecting to the internet
- Your role in implementing new technology systems and products through contracts and security reviews
- What to do when you have an information security event
Instructions for taking the online, self-paced “ASU Information Security Training”:
To enroll in the online, self-paced “ASU Information Security Training” course, click here. You can return to the course anytime from Canvas.
Remember, you must answer 12 of 15 quiz questions correctly to earn credit for the course. You may re-take the quiz if necessary.
You can find a reference guide for all the links described in the training here.
You can view your past training status for FY20 on the Information Security Training Dashboard here.
(Quiz scores may take a couple of days to be reflected in the dashboard. Check the last updated date on the dashboard page.)
Students who are not student workers can take the training here.
A toolkit to assist with FY20 InfoSec Training Compliance can be found here.